Staffordshire Ambassador Event
***Registration for this event has now closed***
Following the launch of our Staffordshire Story and placemaking identity in 2020, we have launched a series of Ambassador events to showcase exciting projects and success stories from businesses across Staffordshire. With a line-up of inspirational speakers, you’ll hear about the latest developments and businesses that are shaping our great county.
We are delighted to invite you to our January Staffordshire Ambassador Event: A Place to Learn and Grow, held at The Catalyst, Staffordshire University.
For our first Ambassador Event for 2023, we’ll be celebrating Staffordshire as a place of learning and continual growth, featuring an inspirational mix of organisations and institutions who are supporting the county’s educational and skills agenda – equipping people with the skills and experience to ensure we are well-placed to support industry and innovation of future generations.
We’ll be exploring:
- How a Staffordshire restaurant and bar group is challenging perceptions of the hospitality industry as a career choice, one chef and server at a time!
- Why our educational institutions are integral in supporting and contributing students into the local employment pool, through a case study of Keele Medical School and University Hospital of North Midlands.
- How one global brand has taken the future skills development of the workforce of tomorrow into its own hands.
- What Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group’s Institute of Technology campus and courses will mean for the people of our county, of all ages.
Presentations will be followed by a Q&A with all of the speakers, chaired by Martin Tideswell, Director of Communities and Commercial Engagement, Staffordshire and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire.
Afterwards, network with guests and take a tour of Staffordshire University’s new Catalyst Building at your leisure!
- Louisa Shaw, Place Brand Manager
- Martin Tideswell, Director of Communities and Commercial Engagement, Staffordshire and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire
- Chris Childs, Commercial Director, Parogon Group
- Professor Pauline Walsh, Dean of Faculty of Health, Keele University
- Jenny McGuirk, Principal, JCB Academy
- Jason Lancaster, Director of the Institute of Technology & Employer Partnerships, Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group