Staffordshire Ambassador Event
This event has now sold out and is closed for registration.
Following the launch of our Staffordshire Story and placemaking identity in 2020, we have launched a series of Ambassador events to showcase exciting projects and success stories from businesses across Staffordshire. With a line-up of inspirational speakers, you’ll hear about the latest developments and businesses that are shaping our great county.
We are delighted to invite you to our October Staffordshire Ambassador Event: A Place of Innovation, in partnership with Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce’s Lets Do Business Expo, held at Uttoxeter Racecourse.
We’ll be shining a spotlight on just a small selection of Staffordshire’s most-cutting edge innovation businesses, manufacturers and inventors to celebrate our county’s renowned heritage as innovators, makers and creators – and learning how we are continuing to forge forward with tech for the 22nd century.
We’ll be exploring:
- How our long-held innovation and manufacturing heritage in Staffordshire continues today
- Challenge perceptions of parts of our county as ‘post-industrial’ with new technologies and business models that are sold/contracted around the nation and globe!
- How investing in Staffordshire’s next generation is key to not only surviving, but thriving in the innovation/manufacturing/engineering industries
- Innovation and the journey to Net Zero
- How innovative SMEs can scale – the opportunities and challenges
- How ‘made in Staffordshire’ can help put our county on the map
Presentations will be followed by a Q&A with all of the speakers, chaired by Sara Williams, CEO, Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire.
Afterwards, guests can enjoy a trip around the Let’s Do Business Expo to network and make connections with other exhibiting businesses.
- Louisa Shaw, Place Brand Manager
- Sara Williams, CEO, Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire (COMPERE)
- Martin Smith, Group CEO, HEX Group
- Simon Davis, Founder and CEO, Protect a Pet
- Steve Tellwright, HR Director, Capula
- Shaun Gray, European Managing Director, Ginho Group
Click the link on the right to book your free place at this event.