You Said, We Did
Thanks to all of you who took part in our Staffordshire Ambassador Survey at the end of last year and congratulations to Michelle Haycox of ELM Coaching who was randomly selected as the winner of a £25 voucher for completing the survey!
We’re always looking for ways to develop our Ambassador network and move forward with our work so it was great to hear from so many of you about what’s working well and how we can improve and work more closely with you to shout about all that Staffordshire has to offer.
Your connection with Staffordshire
- The most popular words you used to describe Staffordshire were beautiful, friendly, creative, rural, central, varied and historic
- Most of you who completed the survey live in the county. A high proportion also work in Staffordshire too
- You think that Staffordshire is most well known for being home to Alton Towers, followed by pottery, the Potteries, countryside, JCB and industry
Your connection to We Are Staffordshire
- 77% of you are very familiar with We Are Staffordshire’s vision and what we are trying to achieve
- Our Ambassador events are the most popular channel of engagement, followed by our social media channels and newsletter and these three channels are the most useful to you
- 96% of you would recommend joining our Ambassador Network
What you would like to see more of
- Smaller/hands-on tours of Staffordshire businesses and attractions and informal networking sessions
- A more accessible Ambassador portal
What happens next? Our year ahead
- In addition to our 4 Ambassador events that we hold, we’re pleased to announce that we’re now planning a number of smaller Ambassador experiences for 2023/24, the first one being in June. Watch this space for more information.
- In April this year, we will be launching a new Staffordshire toolkit of assets which will be accessible to all via our website. We’ll give you more information about how to get the most out of this to help us to share the Staffordshire story far and wide.
- Our Young Person delivery group is currently undertaking a piece of work with Staffordshire schools, which is an exciting project for us moving forwards as we look to widen our network. We are committed to reaching less engaged and harder to reach groups and will continue to make this a priority in the year ahead and beyond.
- We’ve held Ambassador events at a number of locations across the county so that as many of you as possible can attend them. We’ll continue to do this. Please do sign up to be an Ambassador, register for our events, subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to keep up to date with our work.
Thank you for all of your support and please do continue to communicate with us. Your feedback and collaboration is so important in shaping our journey.