Staffordshire Ambassador Event
** PLEASE NOTE – BOOKINGS FOR THIS EVENT HAVE NOW CLOSED
We have launched a series of Ambassador events to showcase exciting projects and success stories from businesses across Staffordshire. With a line-up of inspirational speakers, you’ll hear about the latest developments and businesses that are shaping our great county.
For our first Ambassador Event of 2024, we’ll be celebrating the start of National Apprenticeship Week and Staffordshire as the place to develop the workforce of the future, featuring an inspirational mix of organisations and institutions who are supporting the county’s educational and skills agenda.
Staffordshire already has an enterprising, resilient, and inclusive economy. But the county recognises the importance of skills for employment and the need to support people of all ages into work, to progress or change careers, so businesses can access the skills and talent they need to diversify and grow.
Join us at Newcastle and Stafford College Group’s brand-new Skills and Innovation Centre in Stafford where we’ll be launching Staffordshire’s new Skills Prospectus and hosting a panel debate, bringing together representatives from education and business to discuss how Staffordshire can build and retain talent in the future, as well as driving innovation to predict – and meet – the skills demands of the future.
We’ll be exploring:
- Skills gaps: how businesses and education providers can work together to ensure today’s workforce has the skills businesses need
- Lifelong learning: the importance of upskilling workforces
- Future investment in education: capital projects in Staffordshire
- The young workforce: how to appeal to young people, attract them to our priority/growth sectors and retain them here in our county
Keynote speaker – Craig Hodgson, Principal and Chief Executive, Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
Panel Chair: Lisa Capper MBE, Principal, Stoke-on-Trent College
- Jane Tunnicliff, Senior Work based learning Manager, Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group
- Dan Canavan, Chief Executive, Staffordshire Partnership for Employment and Skills
- Simon Day, HR Director, Alton Towers
- Charlotte Allen, Apprentice, The HEX Group
- Rachael Birks, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust
The panel debate will be followed by a Q&A with all of the speakers.
Afterwards, network with guests and take a tour of the Skills and Innovation Centre.
Guests are also invited to visit the College’s Riverbank Restaurant for a 2 course lunch following the event. Take a look at the menu.